I get many comments and emails from babysitters. The two most common questions I receive have to do with money and kid behavior: “How much should I charge?” and “How do I make these kids mind me?”
So here are two eBooks I’ve written to answer those questions.
How to Make More Money Babysitting
In my book, How to Make More Money Babysitting, I describe in detail, the things you need to consider to arrive at a fair rate. If you charge too much, you run the risk of not getting the job. If you charge too little, you feel underpaid and perhaps taken advantage of. This book also shows you how to become more valuable so you can confidently raise your rates.
But this book goes way beyond how much to charge.
You will learn how to impress your customers (the parents). The result will be they won’t mind paying you more because you are worth more.
This 106 page book is packed with the most powerful money-making strategies written just for babysitters. It answers the most common questions including:
How old should I be to start babysitting?
This is a popular question. In my book I explain that ability and responsibility are more important than age, and I give you an interview. If you answer my questions to my satisfaction (and I give you all the answers), then I would consider you mature enough to babysit.
How much should I charge?
That depends on 10 things you should consider when deciding your fee. I also teach you how to negotiate your fee and show you the one thing you must never say when discussing your fee.
How do I find customers?
I show you the cheapest, easiest and most effective way to market yourself. I also tell you a story about what two clever babysitters did to get as much business as they could handle.
Here are some other things I cover:
- 7 steps to build self-confidence
- The #1 best way to keep track of appointments
- The most impressive way to accept, turn down, and cancel an appointment
- The best way to find out and remember important details about your customers and their children (Please don’t babysit without doing this.)
- How to look smart when your customer rattles off important instructions
- 6 tools to make you look and feel more prepared
- The key to success – this is the one thing that is common to every tool and skill used by successful babysitters. Every parent wants their babysitter to know this!
- 9 ways to “go the extra mile” and really shine as a babysitter
- How SpaghettiOs changed how I babysat forever
- How to deal with making mistakes
- Smart babysitters know how to party
- A fun and effective way to get kids to clean
- 3 ways YOU can benefit by reading to children
- 5 steps to potty-train a child. You’ll need to know this if you don’t already.
- 18 “tips” to impress parents
- 6 ways to get a fussy baby to go to sleep – something every babysitter will face
- How to take care of diaper rash
- What you need to know about seizures and what to do should one happen (better to know before it happens)
- What you need to know about babysitting children with disabilities
- 16 mistakes you should never make
- First-aid advice
You can download this book right now for only
If you are a babysitter or soon to become a babysitter, this is a must-read for you. Looking back, I wish I had had this book when I was a babysitter. Click the following button to purchase and download “How to Make More Money Babysitting“.
Go to the bottom of this page to learn more about how the download works.
How to Get Kids to Behave
In my book, How to Get Kids to Behave, I show how to inspire good behavior. I begin by showing you two easy tricks that change bad behavior to good behavior. They are so simple you will doubt they work but they do.
If you do only these two things, you’ll be amazed at how well they work to increase good behavior. I’ll show you exactly what to do and what to say. But if bad behavior continues to be a problem, you will have three plans up your sleeve that I will describe in detail.
You’re also going to learn how to apply these skills to two specific (and common) situations: hitting and not minding. You’ll know just how to handle these, and other situations like them. Isn’t it nicer to have a plan instead of having to say to yourself, “Now what do I do”?
This is the second book in my series of books for babysitters. I’ve separated this book from the first one for 2 reasons:
- If you don’t need it, you shouldn’t have to pay for it.
- This book is also for parents who need help and don’t want the other book.
This book deals with improving kid behavior – particularly, how to increase good behavior and decrease bad behavior. Children don’t come with instruction manuals, and most people, both young and old, have questions when confronted with a badly behaving child – like, “why did I ever want to be a babysitter?” or “what was I thinking when I wanted to have children?” Many people throw their hands up in despair when children repeatedly behave badly.
There is a way you can turn bad behavior into good behavior and I explain it in a simple, understandable, easy-to-do way. No psychological mumbo jumbo. Just practical advice that has worked for me and many others.
You will learn:
- 2 Simple things you can do to inspire good behavior – so simple you won’t believe it
- What not to do – common things people do that actually encourage misbehavior
- 3 powerful steps to stop bad behavior
- How to deal with and eliminate tantrums
Here is part of an email I received from Tamara, a mother who used the information in this book to change her children’s behavior:
I just wanted to say thank you for writing an amazing book. I’m a 30-something year old mother of two myself, and the section ‘How to Inspire Good Behavior’ has been pure gold for me.
My almost-four-year-old son had started really acting out against his almost-two-year-old brother. He would shove him to the ground, clothesline him as he ran by, pound on him with his trains if he messed up the train track… it was really bad.
I found your book online and bought it. Within days of starting a steady diet of praise for the fleeting moments of good behavior, we literally had two new children. I was absolutely astonished at how incredibly quickly it worked; it made me realize how terribly starved for praise my son must have been.
Thank you – from the bottom of my heart – for giving me new tools to bring out the best in my kids. After helping his brother onto the sit-n-spin and spinning around for a few turns, my older son stopped and gave him the sweetest hug. I was shocked at the time, but this sort of thing has become the norm in the last few weeks. I feel so lucky.
Interestingly enough, this eBook, originally meant for babysitters, has become a lifesaver for parents.
I’ve stuffed years of learning and experience into 53 pages of this easy-to-read book. It’s full of examples, stories, Q&A (Questions and Answers) – everything to make it a fun read.
You can download this book right now for only
Whether you are a babysitter or a parent, this book will help you with one of your most common problems, kid behavior. I sure could have used a book like this when I was a babysitter. Click the following button to purchase and download “How to Get Kids to Behave“.
How the download works
Upon clicking the “Buy Now” button, you will be taken to a secure PayPal website and asked to do the following:
Enter credit card information.
Click “Return to merchant”.
Click “Save” to save the eBook to your desktop or folder.
You’ll also be sent an email with a link to the download page.
How to view the eBook: Go to where you saved the eBook on your computer. Double-click on that file name. If it does not display, you may need to install Adobe Reader on your computer. You can install it for free by going to: http://get.adobe.com/reader/.